[rabbitmq-discuss] Errors during SSL configuration

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Mon Nov 11 11:59:29 GMT 2013

On 11 Nov 2013, at 15:42, Jain, Punit <Punit.Jain at emc.com> wrote:

> That means everyone has read permission to this file. What else could be the problem then?

If the file is world readable, check if you may have SELinux controls in place.

I’ve noticed that the module in question is no longer available in Erlang 16B01+.
init_certificates/2 catches all errors and assumes they are file system
errors:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/OTP_R15B03/lib/ssl/src/ssl_connection.erl#L1109-1113

which is not the case.

R16B01 introduces support for chained certificates:
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R16B01.readme
http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/ssl/notes.html

So it may be that your certificate is chained. Give R16B02 a try (R16B01 has its own issues
and we generally recommend avoiding it if you can).
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ