[rabbitmq-discuss] getting duplicated delivery

Billy Hand billythethird at gmail.com
Thu May 16 01:17:30 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to RabbitMQ and have a problem.  I have implemented
workers that consume from one queue.  On the virtual server (single core,
slow) I'm developing on it works exactly as it should.

When I put it on my live server (16 cores, mostly idle, fast) a single
message gets consumed simultaneously by all the workers (duplicated).  I
had a hunch that I might not be ack-ing fast enough so I switched no_ack on
and that fixed the problem.  I'm fine with leaving no_ack on but I'm
concerned that I am misunderstanding something important.

Please advise.  Thanks!

--Billy