[rabbitmq-discuss] Using Load balancer(HA Proxy) while Federating of clusters.

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 9 12:53:32 BST 2013

Hi,

On 5 May 2013, at 09:34, k.madnani84 wrote:

> I am having a configuration where in i have two different clusters(say C1 &
> C2) and each with 3 nodes.
> C1-N1,N2,N3
> C2-N4,N5,N6.
>
> If I want to federate cluster C1 to cluster C2 do i need to federate the
> cluster C1 to each of the above node N4,N5,N6 ?

It's entirely up to you how you federate your clusters. It's important to understand that what you're federating from the upstream is exchanges. You need to consider whether all the exchanges need federating or not. This is really an application dependent decision.

> If suppose i want to implement load balancing along with federation what
> changes do i need to make in the config file of my HAProxy?

I have no idea what this means. What kind of load balancing are you think of implementing? Is the question whether the connections federation makes to upstream brokers need to be handled 'specially' if they access the upstream via HAProxy?

Cheers,
Tim