[rabbitmq-discuss] Hanging connections in management interface (v3.0.4)

Allan Beaufour allan at chartbeat.com
Fri May 3 13:25:08 BST 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

>  This cleared that connection. The really weird thing is that lsof only
>> shows that connection on the server, not on the client. I.e. I could
>> find this on the server:
>>

> Hmm. That's very suspicious.
>
> So this is a very different scenario to the known issue I initially
> suggested. These connections really are there from the point of view of the
> server. If lsof is giving contradictory results on client vs server then
> that implies the problem is at a TCP level rather than AMQP.

Yes, they are indeed there on the server. It makes no sense to me how they
can be, while not being on the server. I find it hard to believe myself.

> Could there be a firewall or something which is interfering with the way
> TCP connections are torn down?

It's running on Amazon EC2, so who knows. But now that I think of it I
should probably take it up with them, maybe that's where the issue really
is. But since there's no IPv6 support on Amazon, we should probably just
disable it altogether and that might take care of the issue.