[rabbitmq-discuss] create queues in the cluster

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 2 10:49:09 BST 2013

On 02/05/13 09:31, Doug wrote:
> But the book says:
>
> the cluster tries to evenly distribute queue creation amongst the nodes
>
> it seems the cluster creates the queue on a random node?

No, the book is wrong (or at least misleading). The queue is created on
the node the client is connected to[1]. I think what the book is trying
to say is that the reason this happens is so that queues have a decent
chance of being distributed, if you assume that clients connect randomly
to cluster nodes.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen