[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP default vhost

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 2 10:39:30 BST 2013

On 02/05/13 04:06, carlhoerberg wrote:
> Feature request: I would like to be able to change the default vhost for the
> STOMP plugin, in addition to default username/password. Today I think it
> always default to / unless a host header is specified.

The STOMP adapter will read the 'default_vhost' configuration item from
the 'rabbit' application, so you can override this.

> Btw, any pointer in how to implement some kind of vhost rewriting, like for
> instance I would like to support multiple vhosts with MQTT, possibly in the
> way that all pub/sub has to start with the vhost name.. Same would be nice
> for STOMP as the "host header" thing is kind of hackish for a lot of stomp
> client libraries..

Hmm. The trouble is that the vhost is really part of the login details.
Not to say this is impossible, but it might be quite fiddly and weird
acting. TBH I would rather the client libraries made it less hackish :)

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware