[rabbitmq-discuss] EC2 and Availability Zones

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 16:12:31 GMT 2013

Hey All,

We've been re-architecting our infrastructure to be evenly distributed
across availability zones and I'm curious if there are some general
guidelines for clustering rabbitmq across availability zones. I've
been thinking about this quite a bit and am wondering if you can
cluster across the zones (iirc this wouldn't be a good idea due to
network partitioning). Federation comes to mind but then each node in
the federated cluster would get a copy of a message when only one
consumer needs to grab it.

Anyone have more experience with this?

Thanks,
James