[rabbitmq-discuss] RPC response/reply for RabbitMQ - Timeouts

Laing, Michael P. Michael.Laing at nytimes.com
Tue Jun 11 20:35:35 BST 2013

Just use pika's Connection.add_timeout method with a callback.

ml
From: Chris <stuff at moesel.net<mailto:stuff at moesel.net>>
Date: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:31 PM
To: rabbitmq <rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com<mailto:rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com>>
Cc: "rabbitmq-discuss at googlegroups.com<mailto:rabbitmq-discuss at googlegroups.com>" <rabbitmq-discuss at googlegroups.com<mailto:rabbitmq-discuss at googlegroups.com>>
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] RPC response/reply for RabbitMQ - Timeouts

If you do figure out how to use client timeouts, you may also want to consider using per-message TTL if you don't care about the message anymore after a timeout.  This can save unnecessary processing of messages that no longer have an interested participant.  On the other hand, if you want the message processed, even after the client times out, then you better not do this.

https://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html#per-message-ttl

-Chris