[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it possible to remove Erlang node

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 6 14:59:33 BST 2013

Hi,

On 06/06/13 14:41, Veluri Mamatha wrote:
> I observed in windows two nodes with rabbit at hostname and rabbit at HOSTNAME
> are getting created, which is causing issues in the process of clustering
>
> Is there any way i can remove the node

This can be an issue if you use CygWin, which normally uses lower-case
hostnames. To stop node "rabbit at HOSTNAME" use this command:

 rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at HOSTNAME stop

To remove a service see the "rabbitmq-service.bat remove" command:

 http://www.rabbitmq.com/man/rabbitmq-service.man.html

-Emile