[rabbitmq-discuss] Windows 8 2.0kb disk space

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 30 10:02:01 BST 2013

Hi Chris,

On 30/07/13 08:59, Chris Nicel wrote:

> I should have added that I have around 400gb of space remaining on the
> disk in question.

Are you sure that free space is on the same partition that the broker
uses for messages? The broker will report the relevant location as
"database dir" in the logfile when starting up. You can also obtain this
by running

  rabbitmqctl eval 'rabbit_mnesia:dir().'

> I have installed RabbitMQ 3.1.3 in a windows 8 laptop. The  management
> plug in is reporting that I only have 2.0k of disk space left. I have
> attempted to run the service as local system and my own username (which
> is an administrator) with no luck.
The broker uses the last line of this command to determine free space:

  dir /-C /W (followed by the database directory)

What is the last line when you run this with the database drive from the
previous step?

-Emile