[rabbitmq-discuss] Statistics gathering

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 24 18:09:27 BST 2013

On 24/07/13 15:14, Flavio Pompermaier wrote:
> I saw that at
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v3_1_3/priv/www/api/index.html
> you can access those statistcs via json, the problem is that, from waht
> I saw,
> those statistics are run-time statistics,

Not sure what you mean by "run-time statistics". I would expect all
statistics to be based on things that happened at run-time :-)

> I cannot get info like max queue size

Not directly. You can retrieve a set of samples of queue size over time,
then scan through them looking for the maximum.

Obviously the samples are... samples, so the queue may have been longer
at some point between samples.

> or average rate of message processing (from a certain point
> in time on), am I wrong?

The average rate over the time period you have requested is delivered as
avg_rate.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen