[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ scalability design question

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jul 24 12:10:57 BST 2013

Flavio Pompermaier:

> If not, could you please give me some more reference or hint about implementing the solution you proposed?

just make the consumer that receives the first "stop" message publish a message that all
consumers will get (via a separate queue).

Note that to avoid an infinite loop of messages, you need to mark such control messages
and make sure other consumers don't publish anything, just stop.

Then the consumer that's got the first "stop" message can start a map/reduce job.
--
MK