[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ boot failures with SSL on homebrew Mac OSX

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 07:10:09 BST 2013

Looks like the current homebrew package grabs a 'standalone' package which
is built by the RabbitMQ guys:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v3.1.3/rabbitmq-server-mac-standalone-3.1.3.tar.gz

I'm not intimately familiar with how Erlang loads various apps, but I
suspect rabbit_release.erl doesn't take into account the various SSL stuff
needed when building the erlang environment.

(The rabbit_release.erl I'm talking about):
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/3b5a3e3d2feb/packaging/standalone/src/rabbit_release.erl

-Alan