[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish to exchange that doesn't bind to any queue in trunsaction mode

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 1 13:57:59 BST 2013

On 01/07/13 12:11, Haster wrote:

> I need set mandatory flag, publish message and than start any thread what
> will check return method?

If a basic.return is received before tx.commit-ok then the message was
not routed to any queues. If no basic.return was received before
tx.commit-ok then the message was routed to at least one queue.

> (also I don't see any API in rabbitmq-c client).

The framing layer certainly appears to support AMQP_BASIC_RETURN_METHOD.

> Applications MUST NOT rely on the behaviour of transactions that include
> messages published with the mandatory option.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/semantics.html:
"You will always receive any basic.returns before the tx.commit-ok."

-Emile