[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish to exchange that doesn't bind to any queue in trunsaction mode

Haster haster2004 at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 1 12:11:24 BST 2013

Emile,

and what is the flow:
I need set mandatory flag, publish message and than start any thread what
will check return method?
So if I receive it - it's all right, but If my message will send
successfully I will have to drop this thread after some time... I think this
behavior isn't simple (also I don't see any API in rabbitmq-c client).
Also I found such words in documentation (Full Protocol Reference)

Applications MUST NOT rely on the atomicity of transactions that affect more
than one queue.
Applications MUST NOT rely on the behaviour of transactions that include
messages published with the immediate option.
*Applications MUST NOT rely on the behaviour of transactions that include
messages published with the mandatory option.*

As I understand it is a bad idea to use mandatory bit with transactions or I
am not right?