[rabbitmq-discuss] Increasing the file descriptors limit

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 17 13:22:16 GMT 2013

Hi Jean,

Simon has just pointed out that he's able to get max_fd > 1024 without kernel poll enabled. It seems that the 'kernel-poll' indication in the banner might refer to the scheduling rather than the raw limit available to the vm, so this may have been a red herring. Sorry about that!

You might want to try setting ERL_MAX_PORTS - http://erlang.org/doc/man/erlang.html#ERL_MAX_PORTS. And make sure that the ulimit really is working for the shell your rabbit is running in.

Cheers,
Tim