[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0 Policy ha-all delete issue

Mark Ward ward.mark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:35:53 GMT 2013

Hi Matthais,

I have been on other projects and getting back to thinking about RabbitMQ
and what you said

>That would be the "one queue per message" anti-pattern.

Would the one-queue-per-message still be an anti-pattern if the cost of
creating queues was less?

I have tried to find more information about this anti-pattern.  I am
thinking it is an anti-pattern due to the cost to create, subscribe, and
publish the queue on a per message basis.  I am not finding information if
it is a messaging architecture anti-pattern.

I went with the one-queue-per-message for the request/response model to
avoid single-purpose queues with a listener class that acted as a router
between the requester and the queue.  No two thread request/response calls
should block each other due to being sent to the same queue.

You have provided good ideas for working around performance issues with
short-lived queues.  Right now I am trying to understand the anti-pattern
better.

-Mark