[rabbitmq-discuss] Any movement on RabbitMQ-ØMQ?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 3 22:35:01 GMT 2013

On 03/01/2013 10:04PM, Murray Williams wrote:
> My RabbitMQ installation (MacPorts) says it's v 2.8.7 and the plugins
> directory says it has amqp_client-2.8.7.ez in it. But it seems that the
> rabbit-public-unbrella repository, whether I use the "default / stable"
> branch or even the branch marked "rabbitmq_v2_8_x", I find that the
> amqp_client.hrl include file has an extra "password" field for the
> amqp_params_direct record.

You are on the right track here; it's to do with building against the
wrong version of the Erlang client. You do need rabbitmq_v2_8_x -
"stable" is 3.0.x and "default" will be 3.1.0.

However - the rabbitmq-public-umbrella repo contains a load of
sub-repositories, including the Erlang client. If you just changed
branch with "hg up -r rabbitmq_v2_8_x" that will only change the
umbrella. Try "make up_c BRANCH=rabbitmq_v2_8_x".

Cheers, Simon