[rabbitmq-discuss] Any movement on RabbitMQ-ØMQ?

Murray Williams murraytodd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:04:57 GMT 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> On 03/01/13 15:50, Murray Williams wrote:
>
>> Everything compiles, and I can install and enable the plugin, but right
>> now it looks like the supervisor keeps shutting down for some reason
>> that I can't quite figure out yet.
>>

> If you point me at the source I might be able to help.

Okay, I've made some progress since this morning—but at this point I'm
completely gobsmacked as to what might be going on. I forked the github
rabitmq/rmq-0mq repository and then remote-pulled and merged the commits
from Luis Rascão's outstanding pull request (
https://github.com/lrascao/rmq-0mq), and then re-did the work I'd done
before replacing the erlzmq (zmq:) API calls with erlzmq2 (erlzmq:) calls.

You can see my work at https://github.com/murraytodd/rmq-0mq

I can actually build and deploy the plugin, and things appear to be
starting up, but I'm getting an error in the strangest of places: not from
the *zeromq* part but rather from the aqmp_client. Specifically, my
r0mq_service.erl file at line 43 calls:

 {ok, Connection} = amqp_connection:start(*#amqp_params_direct{}*)

and my RabbitMQ server crashes at amqp_connection_sup.erl line 34:

        case AmqpParams of
            *#amqp_params_direct{}*  -> {direct,  amqp_direct_connection};
            #amqp_params_network{} -> {network, amqp_network_connection}
        end,

with a server response of

{{*badmatch*,
  {error,
    {'EXIT',
      {{case_clause,
        {amqp_params_direct,<<"guest">>,none, <<"/">>,'Thor at thor',none,[]}},
          [{amqp_connection_sup,start_link,1,
           [{file,"src/amqp_connection_sup.erl"},{line,34}]},

My RabbitMQ installation (MacPorts) says it's v 2.8.7 and the plugins
directory says it has amqp_client-2.8.7.ez in it. But it seems that the
rabbit-public-unbrella repository, whether I use the "default / stable"
branch or even the branch marked "rabbitmq_v2_8_x", I find that the
amqp_client.hrl include file has an extra "password" field for the
amqp_params_direct record.

Do you have any idea what might be going on? Do you think it's my MacPorts
version of RabbitMQ?

Cheers,

Murray