[rabbitmq-discuss] How to start a local cluster

Theo iconara at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:22:43 GMT 2013

Hi,

I have a bash script that starts a local RabbitMQ cluster, but it was
written for 2.6 (or maybe even 2.5) and now it doesn't work anymore. Could
you help me fix it to be compatible with 2.8 and 3.0? The only issue, as
far as I can tell is that the second node can't start because the
management plugin tries to start its web server on the same port as the
first node. In my script this was solved by passing -rabbitmq_mochiweb
listeners [{mgmt,[{port,$mgmt_port}]}] with a different value for $mgmt_portfor each node, but in newer versions it looks like this isn't the way to do
it. Also, in 3.0 the management UI is actually starting two web servers
(the port number changed and the server on the old port just redirects),
and I assume both of those will need to be set.

The script for 2.6 is here:

https://gist.github.com/iconara/4760720

If possible, I would like to use the same script for 2.8 and 3.0 (we're
using 2.8 in production, but 3.0 will replace it eventually, so it's good
to be able to start test clusters of both versions).

thanks for your help,
T#