[rabbitmq-discuss] Hostname Issues with EC2 Cluster

Mathias Meyer meyer at paperplanes.de
Wed Feb 6 08:54:45 GMT 2013

Kevin,

I'd personally recommend setting either CNAMEs for the external EC2 hostnames (these will always resolve to the internal IP within Amazon's network and to the external IP outside of it) in your own DNS setup or to use custom hostnames that you store in /etc/hosts cluster-wide.

For the former, the path we followed, you need to hook into the DHCP process and provide your own domain as a search path for DNS lookup, then you can have hostnames like rabbitmq1.yourdomain.com configured with your own domains.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Mathias