[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering On EC2

Kevin Kuhl kkuhl05 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:41:50 GMT 2013

Hi Michael

I know its been a while, but do you have any insight on the solution you
found here? I'm having a similar problem with creating a highly available
cluster. We need to use the hostname defaulted on EC2 (ip-xx-xx-xx...)
because its mapped to DNS and will allow our nodes to communicate. Any
change to this is not recognizable over DNS in amazon, so setting our own
will not work unless we manually map them in /etc/hosts. This won't work
because we will need to handle the case where these machines can die and we
need to be able to configure them dynamically.

Thanks,
Kevin