[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq Server(WINDOWS) configuration: how to change tcp_listener?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Mon Dec 30 12:08:26 GMT 2013

Sorry, please let me clarify this as I don't want to add confusion: you can indeed change/set an _environment variable_ called RABBITMQ_NODE_PORT to override the configuration file - I had forgotten about that env variable. What I was getting at in my previous post is that changing the service.bat script is not the way to go about changing the port - actually setting the environment variable *or* changing the config file should do it. But if you change the service.bat script, you'll need to uninstall and then reinstall the service in order for the script changes to be picked up, which isn't the right way to go about setting the port.

Hope that's a bit clearer.

Cheers,
Tim