[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: RabbitMQ configuration

Halil İbrahim SÜMER hisumer at bimetri.com
Thu Dec 26 09:16:57 GMT 2013

Hi Guys,

We are developing m2m cloud platform using mqtt ( eclipse paho) and
RabbitMQ server. However I've stuck with some problems, having trouble to
solve these problems. I need your support.

One thing I noticed is that if I kill a consumer uncleanly (emulating a
crashed program or shutdown client without sending disconnect message to
rabbitMQ server), the server thinks that this consumer is still there for a
long time. As a result of this, even if I reconnect server after connection
lost or emulating error. Server still thinks that previous session is
active and my new connection could be resulted as connection lost on the
client side or published messages has been ignored since they moved to
"unacked" box on RabbitMQ queue. Until I manually shut down previous
channel (unclean shutdown) this problem continues. However If connection
never lost and close cleanly, I've never encountered this problem. I'm
using gprs modem to connect RabbitMQ server and connection lost or timeouts
may occurs some times thus I need to solve this problem on the RabbitMQ
server side. I'm using keep alive pings on Mqtt client. Does RabbitMQ
supports server ping service or any other mechanism that catch socket
connection lost on the client side. If there is any, could you help me with
setting it.

Another thing is my subscriptions expires even if there are messages
waiting to deliver to the clients, is there any configuration to close.

The last thing, I've read all your documentation on your page
http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html. I've checked my rabbitMQ
installation directory where RabbitMQ config file should exsists "config
file(s) : /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config" but I couldn't found any
"rabbitmq.config" file. If I create a config file on the directory and save
my configurations. Does RabbitMQ checks the directory and configure new
settings or do I need to set "rabbitmq.config" file directory to other
RabbitMQ configuration files.

Best Regards,

--
Halil ibrahim Sümer
Gömülü Yazılım Tasarım Mühendisi

*Bilgi ve İletişim Teknolojileri*

*Adres:* Ankara Teknoloji Geliştirme Bölgesi,
Cyberpark, Cyberplaza, B Blok, Kat:2,
No:B212, 06800, Bilkent, Çankaya, ANKARA
*Telefon:* +90 312 472 0 449  (dahili:14)
*Faks:* +90 312 472 2 449