[rabbitmq-discuss] Blocking connections - during load tests

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 10:56:23 GMT 2013

2013/12/17 Billy Stack <bs.stack at gmail.com>

> Once this was reached the applications rabbitmq connection changed to
> status "blocked".
> Also, subsequent new connections go to status "blocking"

This is expected.

For some reason, two other connections seem to be "running"

They are not publishing

The question I have is we then stop the load tests, the server does not
> recover, is this as expected?

It will if you drain messages from it. There will be visible messages in
the log.

> Is the problem the number of channels that we seem to have open for the
> load tests (i.e. 734)?

No, your consumers do not keep up with producers.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin