[rabbitmq-discuss] How to send response back in case of synchronous and asynchronous scenarios?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Dec 2 16:13:34 GMT 2013

On 02/12/13 14:43, Rajasekhar P wrote:

> Here, producer expects response for each request, so how can we send
> response back to that particular request?

By convention the return queue is entered in the reply-to property of
the message.

> in this case we are getting response and as my understanding this is an
> asynchronous approach right?

handleMessage() is used for asynchronous consumption, yes.

> So, here, I am confusing how to send response back in case
> synchronous and asynchronous cases?

Messages are normally sent asynchronously using publish(). You can make
that a synchronous operation by publishing in a transaction.

Also see the RPC tutorial:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-six-java.html

-Emile