[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ consumer rebind in .net

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 28 14:41:20 BST 2013

On 28/08/13 14:20, Arindam wrote:
> What do you mean by "detached"? Was the network disconnected?
>
> /Detached means -- consumer is not able to process data from queue./
>
> /Scenario- when consume is up, it shows in management UI , consumers
> section of queue./
>
> /when consumer is detached, in management UI , it no more displays that
> consumer. when i check with that windows service, it shows service is
> running fine, but log file for that service shows "SharedQueue closed"./
>
> /No, the network in up at all time, i don' t know exact reason for
> disconnection (may be that queue is idle for some time period) ./

If you suspect a network timeout then please turn on AMQP heartbeats and
see if that helps.

> Have you checked the broker logfiles or the OS event log? Does
> "rabbitmqctl report" produce output that you can share?
>
> /No i have not checked that, can you tell me location for that log
> files? and how to use that command, and decode informations./

Please see the "Logging" section:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-windows.html

The instructions on how to use that command are documented:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/man/rabbitmqctl.1.man.html

> Does this only happen when running as a service, or does the same happen
> when the broker is run as a foreground application?
> /
> /I have not tested consumer/broker in foreground, but i need that in
> windows service only, so that my problem will be resolved./

Running as an application will help determine whether the problem is
service-specific.

> Any other diagnostic information you can provide will help determine the
> cause.
>
> /I have one more error in log file --  The AMQP operation was
> interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Application, code=200,
> text="Goodbye", classId=0, methodId=0, cause= /

This means the client application closed the connection normally. Check
why your application closed the connection.

-Emile