[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ consumer rebind in .net

Arindam nayak.arindam at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:20:02 BST 2013

Please see my replies inline.

What do you mean by "detached"? Was the network disconnected?

*Detached means -- consumer is not able to process data from queue.*
*
*
*Scenario- when consume is up, it shows in management UI , consumers
section of queue.*
*
*
*when consumer is detached, in management UI , it no more displays that
consumer. when i check with that windows service, it shows service is
running fine, but log file for that service shows "SharedQueue closed".*
*
*
*No, the network in up at all time, i don' t know exact reason for
disconnection (may be that queue is idle for some time period) . Make a
note that, rabbitmq server is hosted in one machine(windows server 2008)
and consumer runs from other system (windows server 2003). Both has got
same version of rabbit mq server DLLs.*

Have you checked the broker logfiles or the OS event log? Does
"rabbitmqctl report" produce output that you can share?

*No i have not checked that, can you tell me location for that log files?
and how to use that command, and decode informations.*

Does this only happen when running as a service, or does the same happen
when the broker is run as a foreground application?
*
*
*I have not tested consumer/broker in foreground, but i need that in
windows service only, so that my problem will be resolved.*

How did you debug the service - what were the results?

*I have created a console app with same code as service, then manually
introduced an exception and tried restarting the consumer (added init code
for connection, model, consumer -- Model.BasicConsume(QueueName, autoAck,
consumer)), but it abruptly escapes/exits the debug program.*

Any other diagnostic information you can provide will help determine the
cause.

*I have one more error in log file --  The AMQP operation was interrupted:
AMQP close-reason, initiated by Application, code=200, text="Goodbye",
classId=0, methodId=0, cause= *

*Regards*
*Arindam Nayak*
*Pune *