[rabbitmq-discuss] Message filtering

Vikram Viswanathan vikram.vis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 02:07:48 BST 2013

Hi,
     I have a requirement where my rabbitmq consumer needs to receive
messages from a single queue based on a certain filtering criteria.
Something like a jms, where I can create a consumer based  header
property of messages.

    I do not want this to be done by exchange routing key, because this
can mandate creating a large number of queues(I can possibly have a
million routing keys)

    Is there a way to do it?

    BTW, How much memory is allocated for each durable queue created in
the server ? Is there a way to tune this parameter ?

Thanks,
-Vikram