[rabbitmq-discuss] Content payload structure

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 14 21:55:21 BST 2013

On 13/08/13 22:58, Nicolai G. wrote:
> I try to implement yet another amqp-client (on C++, heavily integrated
> with our base frameworks). And I've come to the point of interpreting
> the content header payload, and I cannot find clear description of the
> relationship between property-flags and property-list. If I got
> F1%b1,F2%b1, ... ,Fn%b0 in property-flags, what *amqp-field sequence I
> MUST expect in property-list?
>
> Can anyone, please, point me on any doc where I can find this information?

 From AMQP 0-9-1, s 4.2.6.1 "The Content Header"

<quote>
- The property flags are an array of bits that indicate the presence or
absence of each property value in sequence. The bits are ordered from
most high to low - bit 15 indicates the first property.

- The property flags can specify more than 16 properties. If the last
bit (0) is set, this indicates that a further property flags field
follows. There are many property flags fields as needed.

- The property values are class-specific AMQP data fields.

- Bit properties are indicated ONLY by their respective property flag (1
or 0) and are never present in the property list.
</quote>

Matthias.