[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP library APIs

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Fri Aug 9 12:25:52 BST 2013

On 08/07/2013 08:16 PM, Alan Antonuk wrote:
> I've been doing a bit of thinking about building a more fully-featured
> native AMQP client library in C/C++, and have been pondering where to go
> with designing the public API for the library.
>
> A question for the authors of AMQP client libraries: if you could change
> the the public API to your library, what would you change? (and why?).

I've been involved in the c++ AMQP client (qpid::messaging) at Apache
Qpid. The ability to integrate with external event loops and a more
complete model for asynchronous control flow would be the key things I
would change. Also providing more detailed information about the status
of outgoing messages.