[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP library APIs

Chris stuff at moesel.net
Wed Aug 7 22:50:04 BST 2013

+1 for connection recovery and automatic fail-over in a cluster.  In my
opinion, this should automagically connect/reconnect to the server,
redeclare and/or rebind any non-durable objects, and reconsume from the
queues.  It should also reconsume if a master queue dies and a slave queue
is promoted.

I'm working on a project that uses amqp libraries in Java, C#, C++, and
node.js, and it's a pain to have to handle this ourselves in each (except
node-amqp, which mostly works for this).  On the other hand, it's free, so
I try not to complain too much. ;-)

-Chris