[rabbitmq-discuss] stomp and message headers

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Aug 7 11:04:04 BST 2013

On 06/08/13 12:21, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

> I am trying to send out a message with non-empty headers table. As far
> as I understand I am free to select any header name and any value type.
>
> When I receive the message by means of webstomp (stomp.js), there is JS
> object with three fields: command, headers and body, headers carries
> both custom user headers and headers like 'content-length', 'message-id'
> and so on. I even can send message with headers 'content-length',
> 'message-id' and so on. In this case, my value overwrites initial one.
> This causes issues.

The 'message-id' header should cause an error in the broker STOMP
adapter when it appears with a SEND frame. (relevant test:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-stomp/file/a0cfcfd9c7f2/test/src/lifecycle.py#l111)

So it should not be possible to send messages with a 'message-id'
header. Can you confirm that you see no evidence of an error?

The 'message-id' header is the only one explicitly disallowed by the
broker on SEND.

-Emile