[rabbitmq-discuss] Why Clustering ? Load Balancing

tluck tilak.chauhan at ymail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:50:05 BST 2013

Hi chrish,

thanks for your quick response and sorry if you didn't understand my
problem.  I have already set prefetch count #1. Let me tell you my problem
once again...

I have one producer server which have 5 queues and plenty of messages in
each queue. On the other side, I have 3 consumers (on different servers) and
each consumer is consuming 1 message from each queue simultaneously. In this
way each consumer should consume 5 messages at a time (because we have 5
queues).  So total 15 messages should be consumed by all consumers at time.
When I use RMQ management plugin to see how many messages are being
processed at a time then I can  see only 5 to 8 messages are being consumed
at time. Is this because I have not implemented rabbimq clustering ?

Thanks,
T.luck