[rabbitmq-discuss] Very low delivery rate : how to diagnose ?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 9 12:39:25 BST 2013

Hi,

On 09/04/13 10:14, misterdev wrote:
> Given these information, what do you think could help my processus
> getting messages more quickly ?
> Should I play with the persistant mode before the prefetch_count or the
> contrary ?

Using modest hardware I'm able to send and receive a few dozen small
durable messages per second using consume() and recv() in Net::RabbitMQ,
with prefetch_count set to 1 and client-side acknowledgements.

Raising the prefetch count should improve throughput significantly.

You could also compare the performance of the Java client using
MulticastMain to confirm that your infrastructure is capable of better
throughput.

The delay you report falls within the range of a DNS timeout. Make sure
your throughput is not held back by name resolution.

-Emile