[rabbitmq-discuss] Query regarding architecture including rabbiMQ

Sean Farrow sean.farrow at seanfarrow.co.uk
Sat Apr 6 15:57:11 BST 2013

Hi all,

I'm Justin he process of looking at updating a multi-threaded application to use message oriented architecture.
Currently there is a thread per device which I realize will not scale.
I'm looking at splitting the process in to 3 separate stages, one which grabs the input from the device, the second that processes that data and the 3rd that outputs the data where needed.
The current process lives in one application executable/process.
I've got a few questions.
If I'm changing this to use rabbit, can I have multiple connections in a single process. What is the best way of doing this.
If I've overlooked anything feel free to let me know.
Regards
Sean.