[rabbitmq-discuss] is anybody using 'immediate' publish?

Randall Richard randall at trellisapp.com
Fri Sep 14 13:34:01 BST 2012

Matthias / Simon, thanks for the background.  I'm not using the immediate
flag, but I've considered using it.

Admittedly, I'm not fully aware of exactly how it works.  It would be
helpful to have a better understanding of the semantics.  Can you explain
what the publisher is notified of (if anything?) when there are 10 queues
bound to an exchange named HighPriority, a message with immediate flag true
is published to HighPriority, and 7 out of the 10 queues have the message
consumed immediately.

-Randall