[rabbitmq-discuss] is anybody using 'immediate' publish?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Sep 14 13:03:03 BST 2012

On 14/09/12 12:53, Randall Richard wrote:
> Just curious, are there any benefits for removing it -- is it preventing
> / complicating support for other features?

Well, the specific thing that we've bumped into in this case is that
support for immediate is greatly slowing down HA queues. We could be
smarter about this, at the cost of tangling the code further. So if we
want to make HA queues faster (and we do!) we can either keep immediate
and add a bunch of code at the same time, or remove immediate and delete
a bunch of code.

There are quite a number of places where we have notably greater
complexity just to support this weird feature that (we suspect) no-one
uses. It just feels very disproportionate.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware