[rabbitmq-discuss] Binding to topic exchange with a negation wildcard

Dave Curylo curylod at asme.org
Thu Sep 13 21:47:52 BST 2012

The fanout + alternate-exchange for junk works, except I can't make these
extra exchanges exclusive like I can when declaring a server assigned,
exclusive, autodelete queue with queueDeclare(). That's probably not a big
deal, as nobody would likely guess the names of these extra exchanges.

I think I'd take a simple negation binding over a full regex if there are
performance implications. Negation bindings obviously would need to be
declared before other bindings or a match could be found before it got to
the negation, but I think that's reasonable - typical rules processing
works this way. It doesn't seem like with these types of negations would
have performance implications with the caveat that they must be earlier in
the list of bindings.