[rabbitmq-discuss] Dynamic queue problem

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 10 19:47:20 BST 2012

Please be aware of Matthias' corrections to my post:
<http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2012-September/022394.html>

At Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:53:42 +0530,
Bhaskar teja wrote:
> We have 20 different kinds of web notifications. we categorized them into 5 *
> 4 and gave a routing key for each kind like -- documents
>                                           -- wall
>                                           -- issues
>                                           -- tasks
> each having 5 notifications of its kind. we have plans to make rabbitmq handle
> e-mails via consumers. In future we thought of having topic exchanges so that
> single event message from web app to rabbitmq can route the messages
> appropriately like,
>   --- web_notifs.documents
>   --- mail.documents
>   --- logging.documents
> so we declared dynamic queues so that routing keys match via *.documents.
> Is there a better way to design this with named queues, so that we can run a
> single consumer for now?

Can't you just name it `all-documents' or something like that?

> How can i get the old dynamic queue name? I could not find any api in python
> pika module.

I think that you have to pass a callback to the `queue_declare' function, but
the docs are unclear on the subject.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt