[rabbitmq-discuss] Dynamic queue problem

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Sep 10 19:14:03 BST 2012

On 10/09/12 19:00, Francesco Mazzoli wrote:
> At Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:17:20 +0530, Bhaskar teja wrote:
>> How can we connect to the old dynamic queue so that we dont loose
>> any messages in that queue?
>
> In AMQP you can use an empty queue name to connect to the last
> created queue - if you're not creating any other queues in the
> meantime that will help.

That "most recently declared queue" feature of AMQP operates per
channel, which isn't going to help the OP when restarting their consumers.

> If you can give a name to a queue, I'd do it.

Exactly.

> Dynamic queue are generally used for disposable queue (e.g. queue
> with auto_delete).

'exclusive', actually. auto_delete is typically employed in the context
of having multiple consumers of a queue. That implies they all need to
know the queue's name, which therefore usually won't be server-generated.

Matthias.