[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqadmin and default node behaviour

Simon Lundström simlu at su.se
Tue Oct 30 12:12:29 GMT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 11:10:23 +0000, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> >Exactly.
> >
> >This is a small price to pay, IMO, compared to always having to specify
> >either the node or a config file.
>
> Surely we can decide what to do in this scenario based on whether
> the config file contains a default node. If it does, use it. If it
> doesn't, use the defaults (guest / guest / localhost).

And this is why you work on RabbitMQ and not me = )
Smart! So basically:

Parse the config/defaults in this order:
# defaults from default_options hash^Wdictionary
# config file
## Find out which config file to use, one of:
### specified via --config
#### Use it and exit with an error if it doesn't exist
### default config file (~/.rabbitmqadmin.conf)
#### If file doesn't exist, just ignore it.
## If node doesn't exist in config and is:
### specified via commandline
#### Display error and exit
### using the default node
#### ignore the config file entirely