[rabbitmq-discuss] Nightlies now available - help us test RabbitMQ 3.0
simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Oct 19 12:04:53 BST 2012
Hi everyone! We've just put in place a nightly build system for the
RabbitMQ server and clients. You can download nightlies from
We've also put documentation for what will be the next version of
RabbitMQ at http://next.rabbitmq.com/documentation.html.
We're evolving towards a model where we have feature releases every few
months, with bugfix releases in between. It's possible there will be a
2.8.8 bugfix release, but that's not what the current nightlies are -
they represent what will be RabbitMQ 3.0.
So with some caveats in place:
* Obviously we do not suggest running nightlies on production systems.
* We don't always guarantee upgrades from one nightly to another will
work - you may have to reset everything and start again sometimes.
* You would also have to reset everything and start again to revert to
a stable release from a nightly.
...I'd invite you to have a look at what's coming, and tell use what you
I'm going to write more on the subject as we get closer to the release,
but some of the major new features include:
* HA queues are configured dynamically by a new policy mechanism,
rather than by declaring them with "x-ha-policy". HA-ness
can be changed at any time. HA queues are also much faster.
* Federated exchanges are now normal exchanges, with federation
similarly configured dynamically by policy. The "x-federation"
exchange type is no more.
* Clustering commands in rabbitmqctl have been rewritten to make
clustering easier and more robust.
* Web-STOMP and MQTT plugins are included.
* Lots of other smaller new features and bug fixes.
The network protocol hasn't changed; you can run 2.x clients against 3.x
server and vice versa.
So please try it out, and talk to us!
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss