[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ rendered non-operational after killing 1 node of 3 h/a

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 22:41:49 BST 2012

Hi,

I have a cluster of 3 rabbits (version 2.7.1), and a bunch of services
that connect to it and declare a bunch of H/A queues. Some of the
queues are exclusive, some aren't.

Some of the services are connected to rabbit01 and some to rabbit03.
Nobody's connected to rabbit02.

Then I kill rabbit02, and, after a short while (but not immediately),
rabbitmqctl list_queues, rabbitmqctl list_connections and rabbitmqctl
list_channels completely stop working - they just hang.

After these start hanging, I killed all applications that were
connected to RabbitMQ, and then I killed rabbit03 so only rabbit01
remained. But those rabbitmqctl commands were still hanging. However,
if I restart rabbit01 and bring up the other cluster nodes, everything
is working again.

It seems like there was some internal error that lead to death of a
mirrored queue coordinator process, or something... I'm attaching the
log from rabbit01.

--
Eugene Kirpichov
http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekirpichov