[rabbitmq-discuss] ERLANG_HOME not set correctly

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 17 15:22:23 BST 2012

Are these win64? Does C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2\bin not exist even after
installing Erlang?

There is a bug in some versions of the 64 bit Erlang installer which
does not install the MSVC runtime if it is not already installed,
leading to a completely broken installation.

If this happened to you, please completely uninstall Erlang and
RabbitMQ, then install the fixed Erlang from:

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win64_R15B02_with_MSVCR100_installer_fix.exe

then RabbitMQ.

Cheers, Simon

On 17/10/12 13:41, Endy Tjahjono wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm completely new to RabbitMQ, but I have read tutorial 1 - 6. I'm
> trying to install RabbitMQ on several windows servers, using
> rabbitmq-server-2.8.7 and otp_win32_R15B02. Most installations work
> without errors, but on two servers, both Server 2003, after the
> installation is completed, when I tried to run rabbitmqctl.bat from
> folder "C:\Program Files\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-2.8.7\sbin", I
> got an error:
>
>      ******************************
>      ERLANG_HOME not set correctly.
>      ******************************
>
>      Please either set ERLANG_HOME to point to your Erlang installation
> or place the
>      RabbitMQ server distribution in the Erlang lib folder.
>
> But ERLANG_HOME is already set to C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2. I have
> checked this through the SET command and through my computer -
> properties - advanced - environment variables.
>
> I have also tried restarting the server. No changes.
>
> What else should I check?
>
> --
> Endy

Simon MacMullen