[rabbitmq-discuss] ERLANG_HOME not set correctly

Endy Tjahjono endy_tj at lycos.com
Wed Oct 17 13:41:44 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm completely new to RabbitMQ, but I have read tutorial 1 - 6. I'm trying
to install RabbitMQ on several windows servers, using rabbitmq-server-2.8.7
and otp_win32_R15B02. Most installations work without errors, but on two
servers, both Server 2003, after the installation is completed, when I
tried to run rabbitmqctl.bat from folder "C:\Program Files\RabbitMQ
Server\rabbitmq_server-2.8.7\sbin", I got an error:

    ******************************
    ERLANG_HOME not set correctly.
    ******************************

    Please either set ERLANG_HOME to point to your Erlang installation or
place the
    RabbitMQ server distribution in the Erlang lib folder.

But ERLANG_HOME is already set to C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2. I have checked
this through the SET command and through my computer - properties -
advanced - environment variables.

I have also tried restarting the server. No changes.

What else should I check?

--
Endy