[rabbitmq-discuss] Select Connection RPC

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Wed Nov 21 15:07:22 GMT 2012

You are correct, SelectConnection is an async adapter. Check out

http://pika.readthedocs.org/en/latest/connecting.html

And see if it helps.

Regards,

Gavin

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Gonzalo Fernandez <dvittomc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been working with RabbitMQ for over 6 months now I have just
> recently found a new Connection Type.
>
> Before, I only used BlockingConnection. Now I found SelectConnection and I
> think it fits better for me.
> Async right?
>
> Anyway, I am trying to make a small RPC example such as the one on the
> tutorial but I am kind of stucked.
>
> I could use some help if you don't mind.
>
> I am trying to understand the ioloop.start() and how does a queue consume
> its elements.
>
> Everything is different (or it looks like it) with this form of connection.
>
> Any suggestions? Am I making it harder that it really is?
>
> I am a little ashamed of myself, but I can't figure it out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> patpat ---

Gavin M. Roy
Chief Technology Officer

 <http://www.meetme.com/>
100 Union Square Drive
New Hope, PA 18938
p. +1.215.862.1162 x263
f. +1.215.862.0465

<https://www.facebook.com/pages/MeetMe/21931227129>
<https://twitter.com/meetme>
    <http://www.youtube.com/user/MeetMeVideos>

The public market leader in social discovery. (NYSE MKT: MEET)