[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating an upstream set in 3.0...

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 20 21:33:51 GMT 2012

David,

On 20/11/12 21:17, David Buckingham wrote:
>  > rabbitmqctl.bat set_parameter outbound '[{"upstream":"MYCOMPUTER"}]'
> Setting runtime parameter "outbound" for component
> "federation-upstream-set" to "'[{upstream:MYCOMPUTER}]'" ...
> Error: JSON decoding error

That looks like a Windows shell quoting/escaping issue. Those single
quotes shown in the "Setting ..." message shouldn't be there.

You could try dropping the single quotes on the input, though my .bat
knowledge doesn't go far enough to know whether that will work or some
other escaping magic is required.

Regards,

Matthias.