[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating an upstream set in 3.0...

David Buckingham david.buckingham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:17:59 GMT 2012

I'm having trouble creating a federation upstream set in v3.0.

I have create an upstream via the Management interface.  Using rabbitmqctl
to list parameters, I get:

Listing runtime parameters ...
federation local-username "guest"
federation local-nodename "rabbit at my.local.computer"
federation-upstream MYCOMPUTER
{"uri":"amqp://guest:guest@my.local.computer","max-hops":20,"trust-user-id":false}
...done.

I would not like to create an upstream set and add this upstream to the set:

> rabbitmqctl.bat set_parameter outbound '[{"upstream":"MYCOMPUTER"}]'
Setting runtime parameter "outbound" for component
"federation-upstream-set" to "'[{upstream:MYCOMPUTER}]'" ...
Error: JSON decoding error

As best that I can tell, the JSON object appears to be well-formed, but I
could be missing something.

Any ideas?