[rabbitmq-discuss] Once again: big, big trouble attempting a clean reinstall

Pollard, James Jim.Pollard at QinetiQ-NA.com
Tue Nov 20 20:43:27 GMT 2012

Thanks Matthias (and Mark for his earlier reply, too.)

I uninstalled RabbitMQ and Erlang (5.9.1).
This left some directories, which I manually deleted:

{user}\AppData\Roaming\RabbitMQ
c:\program files\RabbitMQ
(also confirmed that .erlang.cookie was gone, too.)

downloaded installer otp_win32_R15B02_with_MSVCR100_Installer_fix.exe

Installed the above (being careful to "run as administrator".
Then ran rabbitmq-server-3.0.0.exe  (also as administrator).

Exactly the same symptoms and result.

Erlang seems to be successfully installed, at least, I can run the erlang console, toolbar, etc.

I am left with suspicions that there is some permissions issue, but I am afraid I may have to step into the erlang service
installer in debug mode to find out what the exact problem is.  This may be more erlang than I want to get into, but I
may have to just bite this bullet.

If I had a suggestion to the RabbitMQ team, it would be that their windows installer be made aware of these conditions so that
it does not report successful installation when that was not in fact successful.

regards

jimp